Baked Cod with a Chorizo Crumb
This is a simple and quick dish with great flavours! The chorizo crumb gives the cod another dimension.
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus chill time)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the cod
175g chorizo, skin removed, sliced
25g toasted flaked almonds
Zest of ½ lemon
½ – 1tbsp olive oil plus extra for greasing
4 boneless, skinless cod fillets
For the Aioli
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6.
2. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and add the chorizo. Cook until it releases oil and begins to crisp.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the aioli by placing all the ingredients in a bowl, mix together and season to taste, place in the refrigerator to chill.
4. Now add the chorizo and its oil to a food processor with the breadcrumbs, almonds, zest and olive oil and blitz until you have a crumb. Season to taste.
5. Place the cod on a lightly greased baking tray. Heap the crumbs onto each fillet and pat down so that they are well covered. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the flesh has turned opaque and the crumb is golden.
6. Remove the cod from the oven and divide between four plates with a serving of vegetables and a good dollop of lemon aioli. Enjoy!