Italian Sausage, Parmigiano Reggiano & Cranberry Stuffing
A great all-round stuffing made with the ‘King of Cheeses’.
This stuffing is absolutely delicious and so easy to make, it will compliment any Christmas dinner perfectly!
Makes 12 balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 shallots, peeled & finely chopped
75g dried cranberries
2 tbsp Port
450g Italian sausages (or your favourite sausages), skinned
100g fresh breadcrumbs
120g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Freshly ground salt & pepper
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6.
2. In a large frying pan heat the oil and gently fry the shallots until softened. Add the cranberries and port and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, set aside to cool.
3. Now add the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, Parmigiano Reggiano, sage, parsley and egg yolk, mix through. Season well and divide into 12 balls and place on a baking tray, bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
* Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, known as the King of Cheeses, is one of the world’s oldest and richest cheeses – still produced today as it was nine centuries ago.
* A long ageing period is fundamental in building the aromas and texture of Parmigiano Reggiano. Such complexity is achieved in a totally natural way, without any additives, making Parmigiano Reggiano 100% natural, easy to digest and high in calcium.
* The minimum maturation time is at least 12 months, but only when it reaches approximately 24 months of age, is at its best. Ageing can continue up to 36 months or more, during which time the cheese develops its flavour, texture and digestibility.
* Parmigiano Reggiano is a P.D.O. product. P.D.O. products are defined and protected by European Union law in order to defend the reputation of regional foods. This mark ensures that Parmigiano Reggiano can only be produced in Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna to the west of the Reno River and Mantua to the east of the Po River.
For more information please visit