Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This salad is absolutely delicious and full of Mediterranean flavours with a marinade that doubles up as a dressing. A perfect summer lunch!
Prep time: 10 mins (plus 30 mins to 2 hours marinade time)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For the Marinade/Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juice only
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 tsp dried basil
2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
Freshly ground salt & pepper
500g skinless & boneless chicken thighs
For the salad
2 little gem lettuce leaves, washed & dried
1 cucumber, diced
4 tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, sliced
1 red onion sliced
20 olives (black or green or both)
100g feta cheese, diced
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Whisk all the marinade /dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as a dressing later.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours in the fridge, cover the dish with cling film.
3. Whilst you are waiting for the chicken prepare all the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
4. Once the chicken is ready, place the chicken under a medium/high grill. Grill both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
5. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over the salad. Drizzle the dressing you kept aside over the salad and serve with lemon wedges, enjoy!
Salad Servers by Arthur Price – Sophie Conran Rivelin